Saturday, February 11, 2012

Can't turn left.

I can't turn left!
One of the famous lines from Zoolander, arguably one of the absolute dumbest movies ever, but also one of Kurt's favorite slap stick comedies(its right up there with Dumb and Dumber and Billy Madison). Anyone that knows Kurt knows its more fun to watch Kurt laugh at these movies than to watch the movies themselves. His brain is also able to hold eons of useless pop culture information(is this just a guy thing I wonder?) and in one of the millions of files there's a tab for dumb movie quotes.....including "I'm not an ambi-turner. Its a problem I've had since I was a baby, I can't turn left."
Well me either Derek. At least not this week. I did something to my neck earlier in the week and for days I've been stiff necked and unable to turn my head to the left. Its been awesome trying to drive or sleep:) I'm sure it will go away eventually and a trip to the chiro has already helped some. But it brought to mind a great passage I have long ago highlighted in my bible and have recently needed to be reminded of.

Proverbs 4:
25 Let your eyes look directly forward,
and your gaze be straight before you.
26 Ponder the path of your feet;
then all your ways will be sure.
27
Do not swerve to the right or to the left;
turn your foot away from evil.

I'm prone to swerving(insert bad driving joke here); and the tendency to be impulsive is something I've long struggled with. I don't stop near often enough and 'ponder the path of my feet' before heading in the direction of my choosing. My stiff neck has caused me to slow down this week and be more cautious about my direction, knowing turning too fast will cause further pain.

Praise the Lord for insurance and chiropractors. And above all His word, life and truth. Hoping to grab on to its truth today.

No comments:

Post a Comment